Friday, July 26, 2013

July 13-21



I woke up at 530 and walked to the PC Office. I went out around 830. I got some photos orders ordered, but the guy told me to come back at 9am. I went and bought some picture frames. I met some other PCVs in the mall. I went to Shoprite, PnP, and the photolab. The pictures still weren’t ready. I went back to the office and one of my friends cut my hair! It looked and felt so good!! I met two friends at the market and then went and bough shitenges, popular colorful, African traditional fabric. I skyped a few different people and had some amazing conversations. I left the office around 630. I read Robin Hood and ate peanut butter, bread, and bean dip. I had a really good time smsing another PCV friend. I went to bed pretty early because I was bored.

I woke up early and prayed. Two cute little puppies greeted me outside as I went to the office. The sky was majestic! I was feeling thankful to God for my life. I Skyped Stephen and Mom. I miss them. I stayed and youtubed most of the day. Then, I went out to Spar, Shoprite, Pnp, WB, and Okay to price check. I bought raisins, doritos, lemon crèmes, rusk, and chive chips. I went back to the office and hung out until 6pm. Another PCV came in around then. It was nice that two other PCVs stayed the night with me. I had to do some work from Rundu. We went to buy stuff at store then went home and ate. I had rusk, pb, and raisins. We watched Monsters University! It was soooo good! I went to bed early because I had been really tired lately.

I didn’t sleep to well this night. I woke up and went to the office and made budgets. Then I skyped a friend. I went out to do errands, such as buying a new phone and number for work. I walked to a lodge and had a pleasant surprise happen! I ran into two Americans, a mother and daughter from Bakersfield! They were on trip to Namibia and Botswana. They were a registered nurse and a high school senior. There were also here for a little research into possible future medical work! They had met my country director (CD) on a random whale watching cruise. They were going to give some medical supplies to me, but my CD said no cause of liability. I gave them my email and blog address so they could contact me. It was so great to talk to people so close to home! They also gave me a bunch of toothbrushes, floss, and toothpaste. I went back to the office and talked to another PCV for a bit. I packed my stuff and went to meet my ride. I got back and took my groceries to the clinic. I sat outside my hut with BH for a while and ate some really good yisima (porridge). I went to my room and watched a movie. Then I talked to another PCV about some frustrations she was having. I went to bed pretty late.

I’m skipping the 16-21 because I got lazy and didn’t feel like writing everything down.

No comments:

Post a Comment