Saturday, December 7, 2013

Random Thoughts of Boredom

I sure have been in a crazy blog writing mood in the last three days. This is my fifth one. I’m sitting in my hut listening to Ben Rector. I was playing Minesweeper, Hearts, and Solitaire for the last hour or so. It is funny how I thought the three games were so stupid before I arrived in Namibia. Low and behold, they are not stupid now! They are a lifeline to not be bored. I have been reading and playing computer games for the last several weeks, but I’ve lost the drive to partake of those recreational measures. Honestly, I do not even know what the topic of this blog yet. I am waiting to see where my random thoughts and musings take me. It has been majorly boring the last few days due to school being out; most of my projects are school related.


I am leaving site for a month starting on the 13th and I cannot wait! The first week I will be gone I will be doing a collaboration project, in Divundu or Rundu. I had planned to go to Okahandja from December 20-23, but both of my host families will be gone. I’m pretty disappointed about that. Don’t know where I will go instead. On the 24th I will be going to Walvis Bay for Christmas (the nights of the 24, 25, and 26). Then I will be going to Windhoek for the nights of the 27-29. The nights of the 30-2 will be spent in Swakopmund. Swakopmund and Walvis Bay are on the coast and I cannot WAIT to go there. Everyone who goes there says it is amazing. Swakopmund is like little Germany and very modern. I cannot wait for seafood. Swakopmund also has the only Mexican Restaurant in Namibia called “The Three Namigos” (creative name huh?). We don’t have any plans for the vacation except to go skydiving in Swakopmund and on a dolphin and otter cruise. We’ll get a gourmet meal and champagne on the cruise too, which makes it even more amazing. I miss the ocean so much!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment